Liverpool vs Manchester City Match Report-2018

Liverpool ended Man City unbeaten record by winning 4-3 at Anfield with Man City conceeding 3 goals in the second half to go down 4-1.

The home side showed a lot of intent when Roberto Firmino put Sadio Mane and, although the control was a bit wayward, the ball came to Mohamed Salah, whose strike was blocked.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scored the opening goal for liverpool in the 9th min getting away from from Fernandinho before thumping home from 20 yards.

Kevin De Bruyne tried to muster a fast response from the Premier League leaders but his pass was delayed to Raheem Sterling, was booed by the home fans throughout.

The opening stages were being dominated by Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool and Salah shot wide after 15 minutes following a break before De Bruyne was again involved as his cross fizzed just beyond Sergio Aguero.

Man City, however began to hit their stride and came close when Leroy Sane’s shot deflected wide and De Bruyne again looked for Aguero with a pass claimed by home keeper Loris Karius.

With half an hour gone City had to take off Fabian Delph, who was suffering from knee issue and was replaced by Danilo, and soon Firmino headed wide from an angle for Liverpool.

But with four minutes remaining until the break Sane levelled for City, controlling a pass from Kyle Walker and getting away from Joe Gomez before firing an angled strike past Karius, who could have done better.

City began the second half on the front foot and, after Aguero shot was blocked, Nicolas Otamendi saw a header from a corner clip the Kop end crossbar on its way over.

The home side led again after 59 minutes when Firmino got the better of John Stones and, one-on-one with keeper Ederson, clipped a superb finish over him and in off the post.

After 62 minutes, with City rocking, it was 3-1 as Mane who had hit the outside of the post seconds earlier blasted home after the visitors had lost the ball in their own half and Salah found him on the edge of the area.

Within five minutes a fourth goal had flown past Ederson when his attempted clearance was stopped by Salah, 40 yards out, and he took one touch before lifting a stunning finish over the stranded keeper.

Bernardo Silva who replaced Sterling after 71 minutes pulled a goal back for City with six minutes to go, smashing past Karius after a loose ball had fallen to him.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.